Sunday, April 1, 2012

Going Primal, or Paleo, or Something

I'm on a break from HCG.  The patches just do not work for me, so I'll be doing the drops again when I get back from Easter, until then I am going primal, or paleo?  I guess it's primal since I'm including dairy.  I'm dragging my son along with me, though of course he's too young to know it.  He will get lots of fruits and vegetables, and some whole grains in small doses.  And getting wheat out (pasta, bread, etc) will take a bit of effort as he loves both, but we can do this, and our health will be better for it.  I wish I had done it sooner, so that by now it was second nature to both of us, but I can't change the past so will just keep going. 

I didn't quite make it back to my lowest weight, but I'm ok with that.  I know that I can get there if I want to.  When I'm ready to.  Soon.  I will get to a healthy weight.  And I am too impatient to do it with just the better way of eating, so I will do HCG again, and will succeed at it.  I can take some hunger but not what I was experiencing on the patches.  I guess they just don't work for me.  Ah well, I know that the drops do, though they are of course much more of a pain to remember to take and to not eat or drink either side of. 

Right now I have a cheesecake in the oven.  I won't be able to eat it until morning of course, but that's ok, might make a good breakfast, all healthy stuff in it actually.  It should be pretty tasty by morning, I hope!  Costly for sure too.  No carbs of course.  I know that going forward I will need to limit these indulgences, even though they are low carb and made from good ingredients, they are still not getting back to the essence of primal, so while I know they will have a place, I want to get to a place where I don't need them. 

I also ordered a few more workouts, like I need more that I don't do lol, but I will.  I need to.  I am wondering if I can do them with my son around, like when he's awake rather than waiting til he goes to bed or whatever.  He is quite good at playing by himself, but he would likely try and do the workout with me, for the walking ones that isn't an issue, but some of the others would be too much for him. Of course seeing me workout would be good for him, to see that I do this.  Might help him to do it too when he's older.

No comments:

Post a Comment