Monday, June 20, 2011

The Beginning

I've decided to start a fitness & weight loss blog to go with my mama blog.  I am hoping it will keep me more on track, and accountable.  And allow me to keep things separate, exercise and healthy eating separate from parenting and all that stuff :-) 

My plan, right now, is to get up early enough to workout every morning.  I am hoping to start with 30 minute workouts, focusing on weight training/toning, since I do almost daily walks after dinner with the dog and baby, that will count as my cardio.  I plan to add in after work short cardio workouts though I might not be able to do that everyday as I have other things to do after work, and a short time to get it done before picking up J from daycare. 

Since today is my last day of vacation, I begin tomorrow!  I forgot to buy some sweet potatoes at the store today, but since Wednesday is pay day, Thursday is quick shop day.  I stop to pick up a few things on my way home, fresh stuff and sometimes milk, that I need to get through to the weekend.  Today I am going to do some prep work, cut up & wash some lettuce, cook some wild rice, find some recipes to make, possibly cut up some veggies and things as well.  Oh, and wash the grapes I bought so they are ready to go (and easy to grab).

I had an awesome book that I really loved, Fat Loss Plan by Matt Roberts, and I loaned it to someone, never to see it again.  It's no longer printed, so I couldn't just buy a copy from Chapters, however, I did manage to find a used copy online, and ordered it.  It came last Monday and is exactly what I remember.  I loved the recipes, and the diet is easy, it's two choices for every meal, plus healthy snacks.  I loved the recipes and the fact it's mostly fish, vegetarian, and some chicken.  That's the way I like to eat, so this makes it easy!  The food is also "baby friendly" though I may add a few potatoes or noodles for him as he is little and still needs lots of fat and carbs.  The book has a workout plan in it as well, but I tend to do my own workouts and just follow the diet.  It worked before, I'm sure it'll work again 

For workouts I will be starting with Kathy Smith, Project You (the original one, not the Type II diabetes one).  I don't care for the basic cardio workout, but the weight training is good and comprehensive.  I'll be starting with that, and possibly using the Kathy Smith Timesaver Lift Weights, which is also an upper and lower body workout.  I'll alternate, doing 2 upper and 2 lower body workouts a week, with probably a yoga workout on one day.  I would like to add in a full body workout on Saturday, but we'll have to see how that goes.  If I have time after work I'll do the second cardio workout, or another short cardio workout. 

So, since I start tomorrow, and baby is currently napping, I'd better go get that wild rice cooked, lettuce cleaned up, and what ever other prep I need done.  My goal is to lose 20 pounds.  I need to lose more, but that is the first, most important goal.  Once I've been able to do that I will evaluate what's next.  Since I do want another baby at some point, I may decide to do that before losing more weight, or I may lose more before that... we'll see when I get there :-)

The reasons I'm doing this, is for my son, and the family I want to have.  Yes I want to look great, and be able to buy clothes from any store, and not the biggest size the place sells.  I want to show my son that a healthy lifestyle is active, and be able to play and run around with him.  I don't want to be the lazy mom who sits on the sidelines and watches.  I want to be out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment