Monday, March 5, 2012

Coffee Cake

Did another workout, and it was good, covers everything in 20 minutes.  Not the best I'm sure but it's enough and feel effective to me.  Especially since I haven't worked out in quite awhile, and am just getting back to it.  I'll up the time and effort when I can, and when I have time, but for now, well 20 minutes works!

I ate way too much of the coffee cake last night and yesterday, it was great, so yummy!!  I will make that again for sure.  I still have a few pieces left, though not much. I took some to work today and gave it away to friends.  They all enjoyed it as well.  I will be trying a few more things for sure, there is a low carb cheesecake as well. 

I am enjoying the way this P3 eating feels, and what it does for my body.  I am stable mable, and like the fact I can eat basically whatever I want, in moderation.  I can find substitutions for many things.  I do miss chips, but will try them again when I reach P4 in another couple weeks.  In moderation of course.  I am not willing to eat rutabaga chips.  Ever.  There are other things I will eat officially at that time, but for now, I will enjoy being this weight and eating what I do.  I don't miss somethings, like bread, or most fruit.  I do miss my coffee mate, cream is great, but coffee mate is better :-) 

I made rice for my son to go with dinner, and he loved it... what a mess... but I wasn't even tempted to eat any.  I had pork chops with Brussels sprouts and mushrooms.  It was very good, though the pork could have used a little more flavour.  Marinating it would have been a good idea.  I have a roast to do in the crock pot this week, with some mashed cauliflower.  I need to get carrots for munchin before I make it, so probably won't be until Thursday.  I'm debating taking Wednesday off, since the weather is supposed to be great compared to the rest of this week, sunny and above 0.  I might even take the dog out for a walk.  I could get a few chores done, get to bulk barn among other places, and possibly find a place for my new stroller in the garage.  That's the only place I can think it'll fit, and that's going to be tight. 

Any way.  P3 is going well, and I'm finding my body is reacting well to this way of eating, I haven't had any real IBS issues, whether it's the reduced carbs themselves or gluten or what I don't know, and won't really until I get a bit further along in the process.  But I can live like this for the most part, with occasional indulgences and a day or two after to recover.  That is what surprises me, I eat badly for one day and two days later I'm back down to my LDW.  Now if only round 2 will go better than round 1.  I am better prepared, and know better what to load on, so I am hopeful it'll go great.  I want it to.  I'd like to lose 26 pounds, to get to my healthy weight, though I also know a third round would then be in order.  So of course more would be better, and this is all assuming I don't lose anything on P4.

I found an app for my phone for the couch to 5k, which I can't wait to try out.  I am looking forward to jogging again, especially with less pounds on me.  When I was younger I enjoyed running, and I think I can again if it wasn't so hard on my knees and other parts.  I know it will be hard to push the stroller, and fight the dog, but I think it'll work out ok.  I am sure the dog will also enjoy the running, and work off some of his energy, good for everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment