Sunday, March 4, 2012

Exercise and experiments

So far I've done 6 days of workouts, and am feeling good about that.  I do about 20 minutes after the baby goes to bed.  It's just enough to keep me feeling like I'm doing something, but easy to fit in.  When the weather is nicer we will add in walks/jogging almost daily, and I look forward to that.  I did do an extra 45 minutes Leslie walk yesterday which was kind of nice as well.  I hope to do 30 minutes tonight, so we'll see how that goes!

I have a low carb coffee cake in the oven and wow does it smell good!  I can't believe it... I hope it tastes as good as it smells!  It's an experiment using almond flour, which is not cheap!  But it should be good, I hope.  I can't wait for it to finish baking lol.  I tried to make some peanut butter cookies yesterday using my old recipe but using no salt/sugar peanut butter, and they are not very good, very crumbly which makes them hard to eat, and dry, so you need lots of water with them. I'll still eat them I'm sure, but not with as much joy as I used to with my cookies. 

My weight is still stable.  I was up a little yesterday but I expected that after eating something I shouldn't have, and back down this morning so it worked out.  Last night for supper I made "pasta" using zucchini for the "noodles" and a lovely sauce with tomatoes, beef and mushrooms.  It was really good, and I had leftovers for lunch today which was wonderful. 

I've got some lunches made up for the week, and am ready to go!  I am determined to do better and stop the big cheats.  I know I can't really lose any more weight right now, but I wouldn't mind getting a little lower in my safe range.  I look forward to P4 when I can lose, maybe, and to getting back to P2 after Easter so I can get to healthy.  That is my goal for round 2.  I am at this point thinking I will have to do 3 rounds, but the third will wait until fall I think.  I intend to keep up with the exercise while in P2 this time, and will stick with walking, and my 20 minute easy workouts. 

I think my parent's are considering this diet as well.  My mom is diabetic so it would be hard for her, but I think it's doable, and I wish she would try it because I worry about her health, I want my son to have his Nanny around for along time!  But we'll see if we can talk  about it when I go down at Easter, right before I do my second round, and  when I plan to really enjoy pre-loading lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment