Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Post 50, Hmm

This is my 50th post on this blog.  I have been feeling like it's time to get going again.  I maintained well in P3, ending at 1lb over my last dose weight, and have been staying there the past few days as well.  I am eager to lose more.  I had originally not wanted to be in P2 or on a PI at Easter because of going to visit my parents.  However, they are doing a low carb diet, so that fits with a PI, and if I happen to have an Easter egg or two... well I think I can handle that.  Looking at my schedule I am going to start loading tomorrow, and go with it.  I believe I'm ovulating which explains why I am hungry, so a good time to load lol.  Plus I may loose another 5 to 10 lbs before Easter, which would be very nice before seeing my parents again too.  So tomorrow I pop on a patch and eat like a pig. Easy peasy.

I do plan to keep exercising, and start the couch to 5k training while in P2, which is probably against the rules, but I feel better doing that.  I may have a protein shake for breakfast in order to keep up the exercise and add in the protein I'll need to do a good job with it. 

I have been reading Why We Get Fat, which is all about carbs and the folly of the low fat, high carb, more out than in diets, and it's interesting.  I know when I get to where I want to get too I will need to limit my carbs, for the rest of my life, however, I think I can live with that, if I eat pizza one day it means the next I have to make up for it.  That is doable to me, and I cannot see giving up entirely everything that I love, but can see having pasta or rice once a week instead of daily, and using bread, potatoes and sugar as treats instead of daily necessities. 

The book goes into detail about how exercise doesn't really do much, but I do think it helps to shape the body we  have, I mean it builds muscle after all and that is something I want to do, so I will keep it up, and use the dvd's I have to keep myself in the shape I want.  I am hopeful that it will also help me increase my energy and be able to keep up with my kid (and hopefully kids in future).  I find the theory interesting, especially having lived P3 to maintain for a few weeks.  I know that I can do it, though it is not easy, and certainly there are things I missed that I did have on occasion, but say that I could recover from it with ease.  Or relative ease any way. 

So tomorrow I put a patch on and Monday morning I should wake up lighter than I have been.  Happy day.  If I can get to healthy this round, by May 9th, I will be thrilled and possibly done.  I can do a round after that of course but getting to healthy and perhaps a bit into it is the goal.  The only real goal, clothes are the bonus that comes with it.  I will do it and I can do it, though I know it won't be easy, I can certainly enjoy it.  And see that it's short term, 6 weeks.  Voila. 

No comments:

Post a Comment