Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Embrace the bland?

I'm down .8 today, so smashed that first goal!  Woo hoo!  So motivating to see that after less than two weeks.  I am thrilled with this diet.  And will keep going for awhile longer lol.

One of the people on a message board I read says to embrace the bland during P2, I disagree. I am learning here, learning to love these foods, and eat healthier items.  Learning to cook in healthier ways, and to enjoy healthy foods.  Yes we have a very limited diet of a handful of items that are approved, but there is no reason they have to be bland or boring!  I am using new spices, cooking in new ways, and eating healthy things that I can carry over to P3 and beyond.  The difference with P3 will be more freedom, I will be able to add in things that I can't now, but those same cooking lessons will apply.  Otherwise I will fall back into old habits that got me here in the first place, convenience.  I am learning to enjoy cooking and making homemade meals, to cook for myself and my son.  I think that's a very important lesson of P2.  Yes there are days that I chop chicken and throw it on some lettuce with lemon juice, but then there are days like today where I mixed ground beef with chili spices and had that over lettuce, and it was so good!  I can do that at work, take that to work and keep on plan, even when I'm on on P2.  Yes I might add some avocado or cheese to it then, but even without it, I'm happy!  And I need to be happy eating what I'm eating or I won't keep going.  And yes, I know I mixed vegetables, and I will continue to mix tomatoes and onions with other foods, but I don't mix much else beyond that. 

Any way.  On other news. I watched Bigg est Lo ser last night, and was surprised. They had such small losses, which is normal for week 2 but I've never really paid attention before.  I know I am not doing as well on HCG as others, and I had a cheat.  I am also not as big as the people on the show are, but if you compare, I have lost over 5.5% of my weight, in less than two weeks... and it was a heck of a lot easier!  I don't have anyone yelling at me to work harder, I don't have to workout 5 hours a day, and while I am eating mini portions of food, I am not that hungry any way! 

Now don't get me wrong, I am happy they are learning to be healthy, but they are not really resetting their metabolisms, and if they eat normally again, they will likely gain a bunch back. And I have nothing against exercise.  You can see the start of my journey here, where I was working out daily, and not losing anything.  I will exercise when I get to P4, though I may wait until after round 2, at which point it will be more about building muscle and sculpting my body the way I'd like it to look, thinner but fit and firm.  I have a plan in place for that once I get there.  And I'm looking forward to it.  With my new love of healthy foods, I should be better able to maintain my fabulous new body, and I'm loving it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment